A race fit for a princess...

In just 10 days, my mom and I will be on our way to Orlando for the Enchanted 10k during Princess Half Marathon Weekend. We are so excited! I've been thinking a lot (and I mean a lot) about last year's girls trip with my boss for the 10k, so I thought I'd share some photos from our trip! It was a trip full of firsts and it'll always be so special to me!


This was the first trip where I actually spent a decent amount of time in Epcot. On our honeymoon, we walked through, enjoyed the World Showcase and ate lunch in the UK, but other than that we didn't do much. When we went back the next year, we didn't go past Future World! So this trip was especially great because we actually got to do dinner at Chefs de France, which I'd been wanting to try forever! Of course, we had to cut our night a little short due to the 3 am wake up call. Ha!
We also had another first for both of us -- the Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. Oh my STARS, it was so fun! Word of advice - schedule it for later in the afternoon (they stop seating a little before 5 pm), because the tea in its entirety lasts around 2 hours, so if you time it right, it can be done as an early dinner. And don't think that just because it's a "tea" that it's not filling! They give you a TON of food! It was difficult to finish it all (but I totally cleaned my plates!).
The last night of trip we did a fancy dinner at the California Grill in the Contemporary Resort. Okay. OKAY. This was one of the most incredible meals, not just for the food but for the views! From our table, we could see Epcot's Illuminations in the distance, and a quick step outside was a gorgeous and this-close view of Cinderella Castle & the rest of Magic Kingdom! We didn't end up staying to watch Wises from the restaurant because we were so tired from the race (again, 3 am wake up call) but I have no doubt that the show is incredible from the restaurant balcony!

***
My mom hasn't been to Disney World since 2001, and even then, she had the rather difficult task of wrangling 4 kids in the parks (bless her heart). It's going to be a whole new world for her (pun intended). I'm just so excited to show her my favorite places, ride my favorite rides with her, and just spend some quality girl time with my momma! Also, super excited about queso and margaritas in Mexico in the World Showcase. Can I get an amen? 

Don't forget that I plan vacations to Disney! Click here for more info. 


2 comments

  1. Your photos are always so clear and beautiful! What do you use to take photos in the park? :) Have tons of fun doing the 10K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks!! <3 I just use my iPhone and edit with VSCO (& now A Color Story)!

      Delete

Back to Top